Trek Date: 1st Week, May/2019
Highest Altitude: 3800mtr
Have you ever thought of going to a place, you never heard nor seen on Facebook? Yes, such treks do exists. It is one of the most preserved treks in the vicinity of Kashmir. This trek is exclusively for those wanderers who look out for something new, some offbeat area, unknown destination or undiscovered land or lakes. The Travelography has brought this trek for very limited like-minded travelers. It offers the view of mesmerizing meadows, pass through dense pine forest, trekking over the snow-covered mountains, freshwater river, alpine lakes along with some rare species of animals and fishes in the mountains.
PS: This trek has a name but I won’t name as it’s less known. I really don’t want people to pollute this trek.
If there’s paradise in the world, it is in Kashmir.
Travelers, trust me, you are going to gift yourself one of the most precious gift one can ever have. You are going to trek in the unexplored area, experience the originality and capture untouched lakes of Himalayan Range. This is a custom trek made for people like you and me. For this trek, I’ve collaborated with one of the famous trek guides of Kashmir who’s coming with us to explore this majestic Pir – Pranjal mountain range.
Rough Itinerary: (The Itinerary for Day 2 to Day 7 will be mailed to you after booking this trip)
Day 1: Check-in @Sri Nagar
Day 2: Living Your Dream
Day 3: Living Your Dream
Day 4: Living Your Dream
Day 5: Living Your Dream
Day 6: Living Your Dream
Day 7: After making million of fantastic memories back to Sri Nagar.
Day 8: Check-out
- All road transport by private cars (airport transfers/ from Srinagar to base camp and back)
- Arrival/ departure 2 nights’ accommodation in Houseboat at Srinagar (twin sharing)
- 5 nights tented accommodation (twin-sharing) mountain camps
- All necessary trekking gear including tents, sleeping bags, mats, blankets, trekking poles
- Hindi-English Speaking Funny & Entertaining Local Guide
- Cooked food from Day 2 to Day 7.
- Horses to carry backpack (except daysack), group equipment (tents/ stoves/ fuel) to the higher camps
- Meal Type: Vegetarian, Rice, Maggi, Oats etc (no packaged water is included). We can try for fishing and if we caught, we’ll cook that too. J
- Trekking & Jungle permits
- Happiness, Joy, Peace, Love and 100% Support from my end
- International or domestic flights, rail or bus tickets
- Travel insurance
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Any medical costs incurred by you, or costs associated with a medical incident, such as your evacuation from the mountain and/ or hospitalization (for which you should have travel insurance).
- Optional trips or excursions
- Tips for local staff and guides
- Anything which is not mentioned in inclusions column
The trek is supported by horses & mules.
All you need to carry your daysack which will be carrying your personal items like water, passport, money and camera gear etc. The following is a list of the items you should carry on the trek. If you have items which cannot be used on the trek, you can store them with us and take them back after returning from the trek.
- Rucksack 60 liters
- One Pair Trekking Shoes
- One Pair Trail Approach Shoes
- Trekking Pants
- Hooded Rain Jacket
- Shade Hat
- One Pair Sunglasses
- One Pair Liner Gloves
- Small Size Day-Pack
- Two Pair Trekking Socks
- One Pair Sandals
- Extra Warm Clothes
- Warm Hooded Down Jacket
- Sunscreen Cream
- Lip Balm
- Personal Toiletries
- Chocolates, Candies etc
- Liquor or juice
- Mobile, Camera, Bluetooth Speaker, Power Bank etc
- Any Personal Medication
Trekking in Kashmir is doable. I did a successful trek in my first attempt of KGL. Anybody with a healthy lifestyle and good stamina or fit person can do this trek easily. The trekkers willing to be a part of this untouched trek should be able to be a part of a team working together to achieve the goal. The biggest challenge on this expedition will be the many consecutive days of challenging trekking across the alpine terrain, much of which at altitudes of above 3000m.
Join only if you can
- Trek or Hike: up to 15km per day
- Daily activity: up to 6 hours trekking per day
- Carry: up to 5kg in a day sack
- Terrain: remote, uneven, snowy, icy, rocky, sometimes exposed terrain at up to 4000m
- Climate: Can be sunny in valleys and cold and windy at altitude. Averages are 3400m, 5 to 20C
- Swim: not required though there will be stream crossings to make
No worries, if you are not fit. You can start your training from today onwards as below:
- Walk for 3-4hours a day
- Do Jump, Squad etc
- Consult a physician
Join, only if
Keep the following in your mind while planning this trek:-
- You feel fit enough to trek for hours
- You walk two or three kilometers daily
- You don’t have any breathing problem
- You are not scared of heights
- Get advice from your doctor
- or chose trekking for few days instead
For any specified inquiry, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org