The festival of colors, Holi is one of those unique occasions when the colors of Holi demolish all the social barriers of caste and creed in society. A festival that is all about colors also brings along with it the spirit of joy, love, peace and enthusiasm in our hearts.
In Holi, people use the colors made of dry flowers, water balloon and eat food made of Bhaang but in some areas, Holi is played with chemicals, grease, drainage water, eggs, used oil etc. These chemicals or water can affect your skin hair badly; therefore, you should use these tricks in order to avoid anything such things:
- Sports Sunglasses: It will save your eyes from making any unwanted direct connection with colored water or dry colors.
- Hair Cap: Cover your hair properly so no color can go into the scalp and damage them. You can also use a shower cap, cotton cloth or just some cap instead.
- Massage Yourself with Oil: If you’re going to celebrate Holi in some crowded place. Do massage yourself properly with oils. (Mustard, Coconut, Olive or Jojoba oil) so no color can hurt or damage your skin and hair. Also, it will also protect you from being grabbed (unintentionally) by unknown people.
- Clothes: Make sure you’re wearing comfortable clothes. Try to wear full sleeve clothes so your body doesn’t get more colors.
- Don’t Carry Expensive or Important Items: Keep your expensive belongings at your home or hotel. Your passport or ID isn’t required anywhere so don’t carry them. Last time my friend had lost her passport.
- Carry Limited Cash or Notes: Don’t carry your credit or debit card with you. I’d suggest you to carry only limited cash so you can buy colors and your food.
- Wear Shoes: It’s very important as most of the places are full slush and your sleepers might break.
- Have food: Before playing Holi eat your foods first.
- Play or surround yourself with familiar people: Make sure you’re not throwing colors on unknown people. Some people might find it offensive. In a crowded place, many unknown males often try to contact females or colors their body with Gulal or Chemical colors.
- Drink Bhang responsibly: Bhang is a mild preparation of Marijuana made from young leaves and stems of the Indian hemp plant, cannabis sativa, drunk with milk or water or water as fermented brew or smoked for its hallucinogenic effects. Don’t drink more than 1 or 2 glass. There are some sweets made of bhang. Try to have them in very less amount.
- Stay in a decent area or hostel: Try to surround yourself with people of your kind. I prefer to stay in hostels, therefore, this year I’m going to stay in Yugal Kunj Homestay where I will surely meet travelers like me.
I hope you liked my suggestions. If you think, I can be helpful furthermore then do subscribe to this blog and follow me on Facebook & Instagram. I’m sure I won’t disappoint you. Also if you think I missed any other thing that I should have written here, do let me know by commenting below.
Keep Traveling !!