I believe India is a religion which unites more than 131bn citizen and millions of NRIs together. The country is so colorful and diversified that every year billion of people visit here to experience and capture it. With just 2.4% of the world’s land, India has 17.74% population (world’s second largest country after China). It has countless varieties of physical features, nature, industry and cultural patterns. Not just this, there are as many as 1,652 languages and dialects, according to the census of 1961 and thousands of other things I’m not aware of as this moment. Here are some of 20 Interesting Facts About India.
We come from a nation where we allow a lady of Catholic origin to step aside for a Sikh to be sworn in as Prime Minister by a Muslim President to govern a nation of over 80 percent Hindus.- Namastey London
- 15th August 1947 India got freedom after ruled 200 years by British.
- The Name India is derived from the River Indus, the valleys around which were the home of the first inhabitants of India.
- The Sanskrit name for India is Bharat Ganrajya (Republic of India) that’s why it is also called BHARAT.
- The flag has 3 colors, top saffron stands for Courage & Sacrifice, middle partition White stands for Peach, Truth, Purity & Green stands for Faith, Fertility & Chivalry.
- The Ashoka Chakra at the center stands for Righteousness.
- India shares its independence day with Korea (N&S), Bahrain and Congo
- Our confederate Pakistan had also celebrated its first 2 independence day on 15th Aug like India.
- India’s 1st PM Jawaharlal Nehru was featured in Vogue magazine for his unique attire & latterly it became famous in the west.
- India Invented Chess and Snakes and Ladders.
- India never invaded any country in the past 100000 years.
- India has the world’s largest road network over 1.9 million miles.
- Cherrapunji (Meghalaya) is the wettest spot on the earth. It receives 425in rain every year.
- India has the largest postal network in the world, with around 155618 Post Offices & 566000 employees
- Hindi is not the national language.
- Indian Railways is the single largest civilian employer in the world with over million employees.
- State Bank of India has the maximum number of branches in the world. 15000 and counting.
- India is one of the three countries that makes SUPERCOMPUTERS. ( US & JAPAN)
- India has more than 300000 active Mosques, more than in any country including any Muslim country.
- India has the largest postal network in the world with over 1, 55,015 post offices.
- The 2011 Kumbh Mela was the largest gathering of people with over 75 million pilgrims. The gathering was so huge that the crowd was visible from space
If you think I missed anything or I should add more into this then please comment below so I can’t verify and update those facts here.